Since last year, professors and researchers from CUJAE have been working together with other Universities of Cuba, Brazil, Bolivia and Europe on the international project: Europe-Brazil-Bolivia-Cuba Capacity Building Using Globally Available Digital Learning Modules.
The project aims at establishing a true, fully integrated collaboration between Partner Countries:
- Individually, but through the use of the same/similar basic learning units complemented with the local aspects and requirements, create new MSc programs which gives the graduates the knowledge, skills, creativity, competences & business-perspective to solve future energy-related challenges in the respective countries in an environmental & financially sustainable manner
- Have access to a high-level educational digital material which they otherwise would not have
- Have access to modern tools and platforms for efficient, extended delivery of digital learning to citizens
- Create skills & competences of how to develop, and run, common online, digital degree programs between universities in “mature” and “emerging” economy countries
- Develop perspectives of including entrepreneurial education inside technical curricula
- Create a new type of university-industry collaboration through “challenge-based real-life cases”
- Implement “student-centered education” with the teachers becoming coaches & mentors, instead of sole providers of knowledge
- Develop strategic use of audiovisual and open-access material for flexible learning & virtual mobility
- Create re-usability of the existing material to further develop their own courses and programs, with a local perspective while giving their students access to the latest educational material available on the topic
- Capture opportunities to create own post-graduate courses for the benefit of the professionals in the country, emphasizing the challenges the country faces, giving learners knowledge to the most modern technologies and skills to implement these in the locally
- Strengthen the internationalization perspectives of the teaching & administrative staff
- Create “train-the-trainers” workshops, also for further expansion of the concept to other academic institutions in the respective countries
- Create a framework for how joint programs can be developed in the digital age, both regional in the respective countries individually but also commonly in the Region 8
- Develop, implement and test a new type of MSc programs in the energy sector.
A project meeting is currently being prepared at the University of Twentee, in the Netherlands. Where workshops will be held on the different aspects of the project, such as the creation of modules, digital skills, remote laboratories, as well as topics related to renewable sources and energy efficiency, among others. The meeting will take place from June 13 to 17.
proyecto Capacity Building en el campo de la Educación Superior EUBBC-Digital (Europe-Brazil-Bolivia-Cuba Capacity Building Using Globally Available Digital Learning Modules) 618925-EPP-1-2020-1-BR-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP